We are hiring a research software developer
Research Software Development Engineer
Interested in applying your computer programming and computer knowledge to real world applications in a scientific setting? Gain valuable practical software development experience by working for us in the Computational Cardiology Lab. Our lab conducts basic science and translational studies of heart dysfunction using sophisticated computational models. We will be relying on you to take responsibility of our labs computational resources by providing technical support on the various scientific projects of the lab. You will be working with scientists to implement their project ideas and help write code for data analysis. Your expertise in data structures and algorithms will be utilized to efficiently process large amounts of simulation data. You will also be expected to help maintain a fleet of high performance workstations used for analysis. You will need to be able to build software that will run on both these workstations and on the high performance computer cluster. We are looking for people passionate about computing and its application to scientific research.
- Strong debugging skills, reading other people's code
- Expertise in data structures and algorithms in any programming language of their choice
- Experience scripting in bash and python
- Experience working and developing in Linux
- Experience building 3rd party software on Linux (cmake, make, gcc, g++)
- Experience using version control: git, cvs
- Understands the value of good software development practices
- Knowledge of numerical methods
- C/C++ programming experience
- Can build desktop computers from scratch
- Experience with CUDA
- Experience with high-performance computing clusters
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying.